Tashi Cooks : Cream of Broccoli soup
A good soup can enhance the value and nutrition of any meal, plus it adds a fancy twist to the overall meal presentation. One of the best soups (of course apart from Manchow, because Manchow is love) is the cream (of anything) soups. Just the other day I was in a mood to eat something fancy but had no intention of putting in efforts, and then the light in my head went blink! That is how I made up my mind to make the cream-of-broccoli soup. This easy to make, tasty to eat dish turned out to be my main course instead of a side dish, it was so filling! Let's dive into the nitty-gritty of the same!
- 2 broccoli heads blanched
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil/butter
- 2 tablespoon wheat flour
- 200 ml milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Walnut/almonds for seasoning (Optional)
How to conquer it
- Heat a pan with some butter/oil
- Roast Garlic till brown.
- Add onion and roast till brown.
- Add blanched broccoli heads, salt to taste and 3 cups of water.
- Cover it and cook till broccoli is soft.
- Blend this in a blender, real fine.
- Mix wheat flour and milk till no lumps.
- In a large wok heat butter again.
- Add the wheat flour and milk mixture and cook till thick.
- Add the blender broccoli puree and cook for a minute,
- Plate it with some walnut garnish.
Connect with me here.